Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 3 - Nara-Kyoto-Nagoya

Waking up from Nagoya Kokusai Hotel to have a nice warm breakfast. Nagoya is a big city but has relatively a smaller population compared to Tokyo and Osaka. I love the place.
















.NARA.









I'm seriously not a fan of animals but this shrine which I have paid to enter (I din even know) actually had like hundreds of deers roaming FREELY. AHHHHH its a total flooding experience. They are docile but rather fearless. Hmmph.

Behind us is the Nara Shrine which we din enter but ended up taking loads of pictures with the surroundings.

Classic!

.Kyoto.

We next went to Kyoto and I fell so in lurve with the place. All kimono fabric stuff which you wanna buy, you should get it from this place. They sell very pretty things. Prices are very controlled. Not much diff from one shop to another.

This was what we ate for lunc. EBI tempura with another bowl of hot Udon. The yellow thingy was Tamago (egg).

We had to first take a picture with a Geisha and then according to the itinerary visit another shrine. But Esther and I made a wiser move, we went shopping at Kyoto instead. Never regret. There's so much to see and buy, insufficient cash was the only thing that held me back.

There are many shops that sells ice cream but only this sells the black sesame ones. :) Very yummy. It costs me 300 Yen though (3 x $1.60) :(

The street of Kyoto was bustling with people when we were there. It was a weekday for goodness sake. Where did these people come from? But I still love the place.

Walked into this shop and an Obasan was trying to sell me a hair pin. With the language barrier I could only "OUCH" to tell her that she had pushed it a little too near my scalp and was scrapping against it. In the end I learnt the skill of bunning up my hair but did not buy the pin cos think they were far too expensive. But she still bowed and sent me out of the shop. Talk about excellent service here.



.OSAKA.
This was the Nagoya TV Tower.. looked a little like Eiffel eh? Hahah there were plenty of shops underground and I actually walked into this ECO shop which sold lots of lovely items but once again had to think twice cos it was really exorbitant. Self-discipline. Din buy any.













For dinner we went to the place above and we had to first lock out shoes with the wooden keys. Mine was 95. The dinner was quite a spread. A little of everything adds up to be quite a bit.

After heading back to hotel, here comes our sweet dessert - BECKY. :) Meeting her in Nagoya was one of the best things that ever took place. We turned the quiet hotel into.... hahahhah you can imagine.

No comments: